- This event has passed.
SVP Dallas Workshop: Advocating for Good During Crisis
July 7 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
How can advocacy advance your organization’s mission by collaborating with public and private partners to change and improve public policy for lasting and systemic impact? In this SVP Dallas Workshop, we will learn how social impact organizations can drive change in our policies by hearing from experienced leaders in advocacy.
SVP Partners Susan Hoff and Dan Waldmann will be joined by Hillary Evans, Former Executive Director of After8toEducate, and Natalie Roetzel Ossenfort, Director at the Texas Office Alliance for Justice. As social impact organizations attempt to address racial disparities and adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, advocacy has become more powerful than ever. This workshop will engage leaders in conversations regarding advocacy work during times of crisis, share recommendations on how to start or grow the advocacy piece of your organization, drive awareness and change through advocacy, and utilize this as a tool for engagement while also maintaining your nonprofit 501(c)(3) status.
- Hillary Evans, Former Executive Director of After8toEducate, Vice President of Professional Learning and Public Policy at Philanthropy Southwest
- Susan Hoff, Chief Impact, Strategy, and Operations Officer for United Way of Metropolitan Dallas
- Natalie Roetzel Ossenfort, Director at the Texas Office Alliance for Justice
- Dan Waldmann, Owner/Principal Consultant, The Waldmann Group LLC
- Prisma Garcia, Director of Capacity Building at SVP Dallas