August SILS: A Winning Combo! Innovation + $5 Million
August 31 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Register now and save! SVP Dallas Partners get 25% off Tickets for August SILS! Check the latest Monday Missive for your Discount Code.
Dallas’ economy has been growing rapidly, but we know that not every community has benefitted from that growth. To make sure that no one is left behind as Dallas grows, Dallas College developed a new workforce training program called Workforce Scholars. This innovative program provides students with real-world career experience and pays them living wages while they earn their degree. It was recently awarded a game-changing $5 million grant from the U.S. Department of Labor – the only higher education institution in Texas to win one of their Apprenticeship Building America grants. At this lunch panel moderated by Dallas College Foundation Executive Director Josh Skolnick, we will hear from Gloria Smith, Dallas College’s Associate Vice Chancellor, Career Connected Learning, as well as other partners and students who are benefitting from Dallas College’s new approach to workforce training. You will learn how the business sector can get involved and help develop a diverse, highly-skilled future talent pipeline.
- Gloria Smith, Associate Vice Chancellor of Career Connected Learning, Dallas College – Click Here For Bio
- Dr. Robert DeHaas, Vice Provost of the School of Education, Dallas College – Click Here For Bio
- Chris Harmon, Mentor – Click Here For Bio
- Michael White, IT Mentor – Click Here For Bio
- Manuel Martinez, Dallas Scholar IT Intern – Click Here For Bio
- Josh Skolnick, Executive Director, Dallas College Foundation – Click Here For Bio