United Way Waterloo Region Communities, Kitchener Waterloo Community Foundation, Social Venture Partners Waterloo Region, The Astley Foundation, Lyle S. Hallman Foundation, Fairmount Foundation and Cambridge & North Dumfries Community Foundation recently joined forces to maximize assistance for urgent and emerging community needs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The funder’s collective is working together to raise and distribute funds to front line organizations that are striving to ensure our most vulnerable citizens and those that support them remain supported, safe and healthy.
Over $800,000 is being distributed to 43 charities across Waterloo Region in response to applications to the COVID-19 Community Response Fund.
This funding is being directed to charitable organizations working with vulnerable populations across Waterloo Region. It will assist organizations that expressed urgent need to continue providing front-line social services through essential programming as well as health and safety for charitable front line workers.
Charities funded through the COVID-19 Community Response Fund Funders’ Collaborative:
- Anishnabeg Outreach Employment and Training Inc.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Waterloo Region
- Cambridge Self Help Food Bank
- Cambridge Shelter Corporation
- Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
- Carizon Family and Community Services
- Child Witness Centre of Waterloo Region
- Christian Horizons
- Community Care Concepts of Woolwich Wellesley and Wilmot (Rural Collaborative)
- Community Justice Initiatives of Waterloo Region
- Community Support Connections
- Family & Children’s Services of the Waterloo Region Foundation
- Family Counselling Centre Cambridge & North Dumfries
- House of Friendship
- Independent Living Centre Waterloo Region
- Interfaith Counselling Centre
- Kinbridge Community Association
- Kitchener Downtown Community Health Centre
- KW Counselling Services
- Langs Farm Village Association (Langs)
- Lisaard and Innisfree Hospice
- Lutherwood Child and Family Foundation
- Marillac Place
- Mennonite Central Committee Ontario (MCC)
- Mennonite Coalition for Refugee Support
- Monica Place
- Nutrition for Learning
- oneROOF Youth Services
- Reception House Waterloo Region
- Sanctuary Refugee Health Centre
- Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region
- Shalom Counselling Services Inc.
- Sunbeam Centre
- Supportive Housing of Waterloo
- The AIDS Committee of Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo and Area
- The Food Bank of Waterloo Region
- The Kidney Foundation of Canada
- The Salvation Army Kitchener Waterloo Community and Family Services
- Waterloo Region Family Network
- Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
- Woolwich Counselling Centre
- YW Kitchener-Waterloo
The COVID-19 Community Response Fund is continuing to accept donations to support crisis-related needs of Waterloo Region charitable organizations. You can help ensure vital community services remain uninterrupted by donating to United Way’s COVID-19 Community Response Fund. There will be one or more additional rounds of funding.