Marketing & Events Coordinator
280-hour contract over 10 weeks, averaging 30 hours per week (funded through Canada Summer Jobs)
Organization & Role Description:
Social Venture Partners Waterloo Region (SVPWR) brings together community members who want to do more than provide financial support to charitable causes. We strengthen local charities’ capacity by investing time, money, and talent to help them become more sustainable and effective. By investing collectively in a charity over multiple years, we support these charities’ growth. Also, through matching our partners (investors) with projects where they can share their professional expertise, we build the charities’ in-house skill set and the partners’ connection to our community.
This role will provide marketing, event, and operations support to SVPWR’s programming and special events, and is funded in cooperation with the 2020 Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Per the Canada Summer Jobs Articles of Agreement, the successful applicant must be: between 15 and 30 years of age; a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred; and someone who may legally work according to the relevant Ontario legislation & regulations. Please note that international students are not eligible to apply.
- Craft print and online marketing and communications collateral, including posters, social media graphics, blog posts, reports, and website content.
- Dependent on candidate interests and skill set, assist with social media analytics and developing social media templates (graphic design and/or written copy.)
- Create and post content to our social media channels and website.
- Craft and, in cooperation with vendors as needed, create marketing materials for the SVP Teens program, including pop-up signage.
- In cooperation with the Communications & Operations Manager, refine and implement an editorial calendar for SVPWR.
- Track emerging social media trends to identify opportunities to promote SVPWR.
- Plan, create, and shoot short videos; experience with video cameras and Final Cut Pro/other video editing software is preferred. Access to your own camera is an asset.
- Photography and videography projects for event promotion and community awareness.
- Provide event planning and day-of support.
- Attend and assist with regular event committee meetings.
- Organize and participate in committee meetings and planning sessions for special projects.
- Assist with Salesforce database management.
- Support partnership renewal process.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking a candidate who is either currently enrolled or recently graduated from a Marketing, Digital Media, Communications, Business, English, or Graphic Design post-secondary program. Equivalent experience or education will also be considered.
- Excellent communications skills, including web/social writing. Strong interpersonal skills are key.
- Strong graphic design and photography skills.
- Outstanding video creation & editing proficiency. Animation skills an asset.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite software or equivalent.
- Proficient with Zoom and Slack. Salesforce experience an asset.
- Self-motivated candidates comfortable with working remotely are preferred.
- Able to organize, multi-task, problem-solve, and remain flexible in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will report to the Operations & Communications Manager.
Hours of Work and Salary:
This position will last for 280 hours; over 10 weeks with an average of 30 hours per week, starting mid-June. Hours of work are generally 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, with some flexibility, and some occasional evening hours for events. The wage for this position is $15.00/hour.
Note: SVPWR staff will continue to work from home at least until the state of emergency in Ontario is lifted; workplace changes will be communicated to the successful candidate as required.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume in one PDF document to email@example.com, with “Marketing & Events Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until May 29, 2020.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SVP Waterloo Region welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process to the best of our ability to provide them.