SVP Vancouver is looking for a Bookkeeping, Accounting and Payroll Consultant.
Organizational overview: Social Venture Partners Vancouver is a community of 150+ engaged philanthropists who invest time, money and professional expertise into local nonprofits that serve children and youth. Over the last 19 years, our foundation has provided nearly 70 nonprofits with more than $6 million in grants and approximately $18 million of in-kind support. SVP Vancouver is one of the largest affiliates of SVP International, a global network of over 40 organizations in as many cities.
Diversity: SVP Vancouver is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are committed to cultivating a team that reflects the diversity of Vancouver. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, medical condition, mental or physical disability which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties without reasonable accommodation.
Role: This role maintains and reports on all financial operations of SVP Vancouver including providing full-cycle bookkeeping, accounting, financial reporting, payroll and mandatory provincial and federal filings.
Hours: This role is contracted with SVP Vancouver for an average of 8-12 hours a month with certain times of the year requiring additional hours.
Compensation: $40-$60/hr based on experience
- Veem payments
- Wave Payroll
- Collage HR
- Google Drive
Full cycle bookkeeping and accounting :
- Ensure all income and expenses are recorded monthly (using tracking in Xero) and issue cheques
- Manages tracking of cash flow from operating, capital assets and investments reporting
- Financial recording, reporting, and year-end closing & adjusting entries
- Create custom reports in Xero as required
- Paperless expense and receipt processing
- Manages accounts payable and receivable using Xero
- Ensuring bank feeds are accurate with monthly reconciliation reports in Xero for all accounts and credit card accounts
- Submit GST rebate claims every six months
- Unlimited email support for general questions that arise
- Support preparation & filing of year-end T3010 charity return and compilation of Financial Statements
- Liaising with CRA on our behalf
- Monthly reporting: using existing Xero custom reports or modifying as needed.
- Ensures the accurate tracking of all deferred revenue
- Prepares monthly journal entries
- Prepares monthly financial reports including:, year-to-date statement of financial position, operations, cash flow and net assets fund balances for the Treasurer and Executive Director
- Produces any other financial reports as required by the Executive Director and Treasurer.
- Works with the Executive Director and Treasurer to review annual budget
- Prepares all books and documents for the annual financial statements, and works with the SVP Treasurer and auditors to complete the annual audit/review if applicable
- Meet monthly with Executive Director, Operations Coordinator, and Treasurer
- Ensure correct calculations and submission of WCB payment
- Other duties as required
Full cycle payroll:
- Manages the bi-weekly payroll for approximately 5 staff on Wave Payroll
- On-time, fully compliant payroll processing
- Ensure correct allocation of taxable benefits
- Apply deduction for employee paid portion of benefits
- Compliance with statutory deductions, filings, and remittances
- Detailed attention paid to statutory holidays, overtime pay, and other special remuneration
- Automatic filing & payment of monthly payroll source deduction remittances
- Preparation, filing, & distribution of annual T4s, T4SUM
- Ensure correct information entered into Wave Payroll so ROE is submitted via Wave with accurate information
- Calculation & filing of WorkSafe / Workers’ Compensation premiums
- Liaise with CRA on behalf of the Society
Need to have:
- Demonstrated financial management and bookkeeping experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Very high attention to detail
- The ability to handle confidential/sensitive information appropriately
Nice to have:
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Experience working with Xero, Hubdoc, Wave Payroll
Accountability: The Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Payroll Consultant is directly accountable to the Executive Director.
Accessibility: SVP’s main office space is located on the fifth level of the building with elevator access to the office. This position has flexibility to work from either home or the SVP office.
Start date: The expected start date for this position is immediate.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and resume in one PDF document to email@example.com with the subject line: Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Payroll Consultant. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.