SVP Vancouver is one of our community’s best kept secrets. Help us share our story and inspire others!
Are you interested in producing a story about SVP and any of our Investees? Please contact us.
Media Contact and Spokesperson
Gina Ungaro, Interim Executive Director
604-313-8097 | ED@svpvancouver.org
Through the venture philanthropy model, SVP seeks to effect significant, long-term positive social change in our community by:
- Strengthening the organizational capacity of local non-profits by investing time, money, and expertise to help them to scale their impact and become high-performing, sustainable organizations
- Encouraging SVP Partners and their families to be well-informed, effective, and engaged philanthropists who inspire others in the community
Vision: To ensure more children and youth reach their full potential – contributing to a stronger community and a better world.
History: Social Venture Partners Vancouver (formally BC Social Venture Partners) was established in 2001 and was the third affiliate to join the SVP international network of engaged philanthropists investing time, money and professional expertise into local non-profits.
Read the SVP Origin Story
By the Numbers
- 112 Partners Households (individuals and couples) – 196 individual Partners
- 62+ nonprofits supported since 2001
- $6+ million in grants
- $18+ million in volunteer time, expertise and other resources