By combining SVP’s venture philanthropy model with the talents of their team, SVP Community Business Partners can leverage their impact and help improve the lives of vulnerable children and youth in our community.
SVP Community Business Partnerships connect businesses in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland with a portfolio of more than 20 local nonprofits (our Investees) and a network of nearly 200 highly engaged philanthropists (our Partners) who are working collectively to ensure that all children, regardless of circumstance, have the support they need to reach their full potential.
Our Investees work to address a wide range of social issues facing children and youth, and we work to ensure that they have the capacity and resources to deliver and effectively scale their programs.
By becoming an SVP Community Business Partner, you can:
- Direct your corporate giving to high-impact organizations that are selected through SVP’s rigorous, months-long due diligence and screening process
- Elevate your company’s public profile by highlighting your contributions to the community and your commitment to corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Connect your business and your employees with a higher sense of social purpose through meaningful volunteer engagement opportunities
- Empower your employees (and your business!) to become well-informed, effective, and engaged philanthropists by taking advantage of SVP learning events and opportunities
- Provide employees with skills development, personal growth, and professional networking opportunities
- Align your company and values with other like-minded professionals, philanthropists, businesses, community and nonprofit organizations who share common goals
Community Business Partner
Community Impact Partner
|Featured on website||Yes||Yes|
|Profile in Parnter/Investee newsletter||Yes||Yes|
|Logo in public newsletter||Yes||Yes|
|Profile/recognition on LinkedIN||Yes||Yes|
|Logo in Annual Report||Yes||Yes|
|Able to use SVP logo on website and in marketing materials||Yes||Yes|
|Attend social networking events||Up to 4 participants||Up to 6 participants|
|Attend Partner learning events||Up to 4 participants||Up to 6 participants|
|Participate on SVP committees that offer skill-building volunteer opportunities (e.g. Investee selection committee)||Up to 2 participants||Up to 4 participants|
|Capacity-building skills-based volunteer opportunities with Investees||Yes||Yes|
|Direct services and team-building volunteer opportunities Investees (when available)||Yes||Yes|
|Employee orientation session/onboarding||Yes||Yes|
|Host an SVP event and highlight your business (e.g. panel discussions, speaker series, networking mixers)||1 per year||Up to 3 per year|
|Co-funding opportunities to invest directly in one or more Investees||No||Yes|
|Event sponsorship opportunities||No||Yes|
|Additional tailored engagement opportunities||No||Yes|
Interested in becoming a Community Business Partner?
Get in touch with us today.