- This event has passed.
Brainstorming Session: BabyGoRound
November 25, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Our new Investee BabyGoRound needs your skills, knowledge, and input!
Join us for a brainstorming session that will help BabyGoRound get started on their Year 1 objectives. In October, BabyGoRound was approved for a three-year capacity building grant, with $60,000 granted in Year 1. They’re looking forward to tapping into SVP’s capacity building services and Partner expertise.
Here are the topics that will be discussed during the brainstorm:
Key Question #1: Program Growth & Expansion
BGR’s goal is to scale-up its service provision to reach more families in need and increase the benefit to each family. Some key questions relating to this include:
- How should our service provision model look like? A shift to include hybrid user-facing/agency distribution model?
- How do we employ and integrate technology to improve efficiencies in logistics, volunteer dependencies, inventory dependencies?
- Partnering opportunities for streaming our clients towards other service providers (eg: Mom2Mom, Kinbrace, Backpack Buddies)
Key Question #2: Community Engagement & Marketing
BGR has built a strong, local support community and network as a core foundation of its enterprise. For the best part of our 7 year history, our program has been supported by only one part-time paid employee and an extensive network of volunteers. Broadening and expanding the BabyGoRound community may pose challenges. Some key issues relating to this include:
- Geographical limits/boundaries
- Core value alignment preservation
- Optimal methods and channels to market to broader region
Key Question #3: Measuring Success & Impact
BGR has served a significant number of families in need, providing material impact to the families and community. Measurement/quantification of BGR impact will be important as BGR seeks to scale up and attract more donors and sponsors. BGR has developed some core statistics to date relating to numbers served, gear distributed, volunteer hours. Some questions relating to impact measurement include:
- How should BGR think about its impacts (individual/community/region)?
- What BGR impacts can be quantified? How should BGR approach measurement?
- What impacts are important to key funders/stakeholders? 4. How does BGR Theory of Change tie-in to its impact assessment?