SVP Tucson is an ever expanding community of engaged philanthropists dedicated to building the capacity, strength and impact of nonprofits in addressing social problems.
We accomplish this through:
- Thoughtful and strategic investments and collaborations
- Our Partners’ engagement and expertise, and
- Inspiring and equipping Partners to be more strategic and effective with their giving
We envision our community as a model of success for engaged philanthropy, known across the nation for fostering collaborative, effective and sustainable approaches to solving social challenges.
Values and Behaviors
Partnership – We make a greater impact together.
- Be a passionate ally for one another’s success
- Listen to learn and understand
- Cultivate trust at every opportunity
Curiosity – We explore new ways to align our skill and passion with purpose.
- Embrace the potential for things yet undreamed
- Explore the opportunity for learning in every situation
- Welcome new ideas and opportunities
Impact – We leverage unique assets to create positive change.
- Pursue the greatest potential, not the easiest path
- Set goals, develop plans, and celebrate results
- Always strive to do better
Equity – We believe that all people should have the opportunity to succeed.
- Recognize everyone has something valuable to contribute
- Be aware of privilege and seek to understand different life experiences
- Incorporate diverse opinions and perspectives
Integrity – We take responsibility for our actions.
- Honor commitments and follow through
- Be kind and direct. Facilitate the uncomfortable conversations
- Assume positive intent. Withhold judgment