SVP Tucson is an ever-expanding community of engaged philanthropists dedicated to building the capacity, strength and impact of nonprofits in addressing social problems.
We accomplish this through:
- Thoughtful and strategic investments and collaborations
- Our Partners’ engagement and expertise, and
- Inspiring and equipping Partners to be more strategic and effective with their giving
SVP Tucson envisions a community where everyone thrives. We achieve this vision by connecting and investing in our community to enhance social impact.
Our Approach: Relationships. Resources, Resilience. It is what our community needs and it is what SVP Tucson brings to the table.
Using principles of trust-based philanthropy, we make multi-year investments in high-potential nonprofits, build collaborative models between nonprofits and between sectors, and educate donors on systemic issues and best practices for supporting our nonprofit sector.
Values and Behaviors
Partnership – We make a greater impact together.
- Be a passionate ally for one another’s success
- Listen to learn and understand
- Cultivate trust at every opportunity
Curiosity – We explore new ways to align our skill and passion with purpose.
- Embrace the potential for things yet undreamed
- Explore the opportunity for learning in every situation
- Welcome new ideas and opportunities
Impact – We leverage unique assets to create positive change.
- Pursue the greatest potential, not the easiest path
- Set goals, develop plans, and celebrate results
- Always strive to do better
Equity – We believe that all people should have the opportunity to succeed.
- Recognize everyone has something valuable to contribute
- Be aware of privilege and seek to understand different life experiences
- Incorporate diverse opinions and perspectives
Integrity – We take responsibility for our actions.
- Honor commitments and follow through
- Be kind and direct. Facilitate the uncomfortable conversations
- Assume positive intent. Withhold judgment