Dear SVP Partners,
As I reflect upon 2019, I feel deep gratitude to you – our Partners – who make this work possible.
The past year has been one of transformation for our nonprofit partners, and for SVP Tucson. I am excited to share these highlights with you:
• We set a bold, new vision and committed ourselves to doing more in the Tucson community. Two years ago, we asked ourselves “Is there more that we can do to support the Tucson community?”. We answered that question with a loud and resounding “Yes!”. As an organization that values life-long learning, we committed to a period of assessment during which we:
- explored program models from SVP affiliates around the world,
- researched promising solutions to big problems in other cities, and
- met with a variety of stakeholders in the community about the most pressing needs in Southern Arizona.
This learning resulted in SVP Tucson committing to do more and the launch of our 2-Gen Community Impact Goal.
• During this time of learning, our work with our nonprofit partners never stopped; it actually expanded! Our Advisory Teams are “all-in” with our nonprofit partners tackling big organizational challenges and bringing solutions to bear that we had never imagined three years ago: managing leadership transitions, securing patents, exploring non traditional revenue streams, building strong employee teams, negotiating partnerships, funding contracts, and integrating departments within organizations. Our Advisory Teams do some heavy lifting and deserve a BIG dose of gratitude from all of us.
• We celebrated 5 years of Fast Pitch in Tucson – a reminder that new ideas can pay big dividends for SVP and our community. We celebrated by sharing stories about the impact Fast Pitch has had on the nonprofit participants and our community. Check out the video here.
• We secured a BIG grant from the Connie Hillman Family Foundation! In November we secured an exciting grant to ignite the growth of our Partnership, expanding the financial and human capital necessary to take our work to the next level. All new donations, and all increased donations are matched by the grant over a two-year period, up to $300,000. Read more here.
I had the opportunity to hear from many of you at our December Partner Summit. You shared your support for our 2-Gen Impact Goal, enthusiasm about the Hillman Challenge Grant, and commitment to making a bigger impact in Tucson.
At the Summit, we asked to hear your questions about where we are headed. While we don’t have all of the answers at this time, we committed to answering your questions in 2020. There will be a number of ways we communicate these answers with you, including regular email updates, coffee chats and our Partner Meeting on April 24th. (Mark your calendars for this exciting event!)
At SVP, we live by the motto, “All We See is POTENTIAL!” These words are top of mind for me as we enter 2020, and turn our 2-Gen Community Impact Goal into action. This work will take all of us working together to make Tucson the kind of place we can be proud to call home.
Your partner in impact,