East African Community Services, (EACS), has successfully secured funding from the City of Seattle Technology Matching Fund to purchase a fleet of chromebooks for student use in after school and summer programs. The organization would like to purchase the laptops in November or December, 2018 and they are looking for a skilled volunteer who can advise them on several fronts:
- Help them select which chromebook products will best align with their program needs
- Help to select accompanying software subscriptions and other accessories
- Help to draft a manual/procedures for securing, maintaining, updating devices
- Help to develop a plan for maintenance expenses for forward budgeting
- Desireable but not required – help to research and offer guidance on how to keep devices safe and appropriately supervised
This is a great opportunity for a volunteer with general IT equipment experience to support EACS’ impactful programming!