Open Arms Perinatal Services is looking for a skilled volunteer to lead a strategic planning process that will result in a new strategic plan or strategy statement that reflects their current funding and policy landscape; builds on the organization’s strengths; and positions Open Arms to expand and enhance their programs.
The organization has reached a pivotal stage as a trusted, established community-based organization with a program model that has received national and regional recognition. The demand for their services has never been greater.
Examples of Work to be Performed:
- Develop a new strategic plan or organizational strategy that positions the organization to expand their programs if and when new funding resources become available
- Increase the capacity of their current board and staff to design, and develop new program strategies through training and mentoring
- Help advise the board and staff so that Open Arms’ administrative, financial, and governance practices and policies can be adapted to implement new program strategies successfully
- A new strategic plan or strategy document in place that provides an updated and accurate approach to new organizational opportunities and threats
- Greater staff and board capacity to conceptualize and implement a new program strategy
- Integration of the new program strategy into new funding proposals and program designs