The Environmental Coalition of South Seattle (ECOSS) is looking for a skilled volunteer to help to lead the organization’s staff and board through a collaborative strategic framework process that results in clarity and focus; provides a tool for decision making; and directs organizational activities and resources over the coming years.
ECOSS was founded in 1994 as a South Seattle-focused community coalition with a narrow mission established to address the imbalance of interest and resources dedicated to the South Park neighborhood and lower Duwamish River. Over the years the organization’s mission and work expanded in range and scope, and the time is ripe for the organization to develop an overall strategic framework that will help the organization make decisions and take their work to the next level. The overall goal for this project is that ECOSS will have a strategic framework in place by which to evaluate their programs and make programmatic decisions.
Examples of Work to be Performed:
- Design and implement a discovery process that results in having donor, partner, market information necessary for informed decision making
- Design and implement a facilitated planning retreat
- Guide staff in drafting a strategic framework
- An overall framework or plan that inspires and guides transformational change, growth and success
- Clarity of organizational vision and values that will enable the organization to grown their base of funding support
- An inclusive and collaborative process that builds on synergies between staff and board