Futurewise’s top priority is to develop and implement a strong, strategic communications plan to grow and deepen their work, and they are seeking an SVP Partner Volunteer to help with this work.
This much needed plan will enhance Futurewise’s capacity to clearly communicate the depth, breadth, and impact of it work and its new initiatives to a large and clearly identified audience. Given Futurewise’s history and the radical leap forward the organization is making, they are proactively building their capacity to tell the story, and position Futurewise as a leading-edge community planning organization.
The Communications Plan and Strategy will shape our approach to the following components of our organization:
- Brand Story and Brand Positioning: The driving elements of Futurewise’s Brand – including organizational values, programs, partnerships, staff, and identity – have undergone significant evolution in recent years. Because brand encompasses everything from perception and experience, to quality, look and feel, to digital, web, and social media environments, to the tone of communications and events, they anticipate that a clear communications strategy will guide brand positioning in relation to vision and key goals.
- Enhanced Staff Capacity: As Futurewise continues on a trajectory of transformation and unprecedented opportunity, they want to identify opportunities for development and growth. Using a communications strategy as the frame enables them to identify gaps and opportunities in the current organization and develop a plan that identifies and prioritizes capacity and infrastructure improvements/expansions.
- Improved Community Relations Management: A strong communications strategy will include gaining a deep understanding of who we are and how we want to reach and engage with key audience targets.
The goal is to assess organizational capacity and opportunities for improvement in the following areas: brand story, brand identity and refresh, brand positioning, marketing strategy, event strategy, and overall brand experience: web & digital presence and impact, and other collateral not limited to development, community engagement and events.
The following deliverables are desired:
1. Comprehensive Communications Strategy that:
- Articulates an achievable set of audiences for Futurewise to target, the best avenues and outlets to reach these audiences, the best messaging for these audiences, and a plan to engage these audiences.
- Assesses Futurewise’s current organizational identity through its programs, services, interface, and public image and develops strategies to help position organization based on direction it is headed.
2. Recommendations for brand story, positioning, and marketing materials as well as identifying opportunities and tactics to build brand identity
3. A developed communications plan for refreshing Futurewise’s messaging and positioning; implementation with staff and board; and evaluation metrics. Including a timeline for launch, and other roll-out campaigns to implement the plan.
Interested? Next Steps & More Info