Southwest Youth and Family Services (SWYFS) is seeking a volunteer to work as a mentor with a member of their Management Team, their Counseling Center Director.
The overall goal of this project is that this key staff member has a resource in a mentor who can provide advice and guidance and will help him develop his executive leadership skills.
Examples of work to be performed
- Meet with the mentee every 2-4 weeks (combination of phone and in-person)
- Provide coaching and advice on challenges faced at work
- Specific areas of desired coaching:
- Leadership development: how to manage staff and volunteers
- Mentorship around agency budgeting building donor relations, and facilitation
- Operational and process improvements
- Nonprofit vs. for profit leadership