Open Arms Perinatal Services is looking for a skilled volunteer with a background in law and negotiation experience – though not necessarily a practicing attorney – who can work with the organization’s leadership in providing advice around contract negotiations with a potential health care institution partner. The overall goal for this project is that Open Arms is positioned to successfully negotiate a potential partnership that leverages the organization’s unique strengths, (i.e., deep community ties and support, strong track record, longstanding expertise).
The primary components of this project include:
- Provide advice on how to approach negotiations, and potentially take part in conversations between Open Arms and the partner institution
- Review contracts or letters of agreement that result from negotiations
Examples of work to be performed include:
- Meet with Open Arms Executive Director and Board member for background information
- Ideally attend discussions between Swedish and Open Arms
- Review of any MOAs or contracts that are developed