SVP grant committees are a great way to dig deeper in one of our core funding areas and get to know promising nonprofits. Working together, a group of 10-15 SVP Partners will select one new organization to fund in the area of early childhood development.
Through presentations from expert panelists, individual research, reviewing proposals, and going on site visits, Partners willl gain a rich insight into community issues, the nonprofit sector, and strategic giving.
Partners consistently say that participating on a grant committee is one of the most rewarding experiences at SVP.
Check Out the Grant Committee Calendar & Sign Up!
The Early Childhood Grant Committee will run from November 2013 through April 2014. You can download the calendar here.
Interested in joining? Please contact Mike Quinn by OCTOBER 14 to sign up!
Want to Learn More?
Hear from Partner Julie Davis as she describes her experience on the Out of School Time Grant Committee, and welcomes the Investees that the committee selected.
SVP’s new grant committees are a great way to dig deeper in one of our core funding areas and get to know promising nonprofits.
Working together, two groups of 10-15 SVP Partners gather for a few hours a week over six months to select the organizations that SVP will fund. These committees are looking for nonprofits that are having a great impact in our community, and are poised to take their work to the next level.
On these grant committees Partners:
- Learn about the area they are funding (e.g. education) and about good grantmaking practices
- Collectively review letters of inquiry and proposals, debating the merits of each organization
- Visit those organizations, meeting staff and board members, and witnessing their work first-hand
- Select one or two organizations to fund
Partners consistently say that participating on a grant committee is one of the most rewarding experiences at SVP
– See more at: https://www.socialventurepartners.org/seattle/what-we-do/connect-philanthropists/new-grant-committees/#sthash.G2w9UJgv.dpuf