Environmental Coalition of South Seattle (ECOSS) is seeking an SVP Partner to conduct a formal financial review / audit. ECOSS is 20 years old, but is a relatively small organization that has not had the resources or need for a third-party financial audit or financial review. However, the organization is growing and recognizes that for their financial stability and continued growth, now is the time to receive professional feedback on the accounting practices, policies and procedures.
ECOSS uses a third party bookkeeping service and a separate accounting firm to compile statements and prepare the 990 for filing.
Examples of work to be performed:
- Review current accounting practices, written policies and procedures
- Review FY11-13 statements
- Written report/assessment of current practices
- Recommended changes to enhance financial management
Skills of Volunteer:
- Accounting & financial auditing, especially non-profits
- Current tax law applicable to non-profits
Environmental Coalition of South Seattle (ECOSS)
ECOSS is a nonprofit organization that encourages urban redevelopment and a healthy environment by providing education, resources and technical assistance to diverse businesses and communities in the Puget Sound region.
ECOSS was established in 1994 to address challenges over the imbalance of the South Park neighborhood and lower Duwamish River. By bridging the interests of residents, industry, and government, the organization has created a model that is both sustainable and mutually beneficial. Over the years our work has expanded in range and scope as other communities have recognized the benefits of this holistic approach.
By offering free and confidential services, ECOSS has developed a niche within the Puget Sound area as a trusted source of environmental education and a link to sustainable resources. Our suite of services includes:
- Phase I Assessments of Contaminated Properties
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention and Education
- Energy and Water Conservation Assistance