Futurewise is seeking volunteer support from SVP to provide a financial management resources assessment and recommendations. The organization has undergone significant growth in the last 12-24 months and has increased the diversity of income and expenses as the role in collective action has increased.
This project would include reviewing current systems and processes and making recommendations for increased efficiency and accountability. This includes an assessment of the current financial management and budgeting operations, and material resources and staff coordination. This project will help Futurewise plan at the staff level, as well as in regard to software/material resources.
The project is expected to include, but is not limited to assessment of and recommendations on:
- Human resources required to support this area of nonprofit management/oversight (both daily financial operations as well as long-term financial planning),
- Material resources (primarily financial software sophisticated enough to meet the organization’s multiple budgeting, monitoring and reporting needs),
- Procedures and methodologies to generate summary indicators of the financial status of the organization and its component parts,
- Accounting for overhead costs in a rational fashion and alerting executive and board about financial conditions,
- Communication systems that affect the ability to develop accurate budgets, monitor financial status and manage cash flow needs, and communication between staff disciplines in budget monitoring and development.
Desired Deliverables: Assessment, advisement and recommendations on how best to alter Futurewise’s financial management processes to meet the needs of the organization.
Skills Required for Volunteer: Deep knowledge of non-profit financial management
Additional Details and Next Steps