Southeast Seattle Education Coalition is seeking a volunteer mentor to work with their Executive Director and support her skill development around financial management, as well as strengthen the organization’s financial management systems.
Southeast Seattle Education Coalition (SESEC) is a coalition of Community Based Organizations, schools, educators, community leaders, parents and caregivers, and concerned SE Seattle residents working to improve education for all children, especially those in SE Seattle and those farthest away from opportunities. The coalition’s primary focus areas are:
- Promoting high quality early learning
- Changing school culture through policy change and authentic parent/caregiver engagement
- Cultivating and growing personal relationships with community based organizations who are trusted advocates and families and schools
- Growing community involvement and voices heard by policymakers
- Grantwriting support to partner organizations
The organization currently operates through a fiscal sponsorship, and as SESEC looks to position itself for growth they are looking to bolster their financial management systems and overall financial literacy.