East African Community Services (EACS) is looking for a skilled volunteer to help with making a spreadsheet-based business planning tool that would collect information about possible expansions and describe the financial and staffing impacts – for decision support as well as communication with potential partners.
EACS, along with partner organizations, delivers after-school enrichment programs to students k-8 after school every day, and they are expanding to High School students. They began their programs in a single location at the New Holly community center, but have expanded via partnerships with area Middle Schools to offer after-school programs on those premises. Having seen the success of these programs, other schools and community groups across King County have approached EACS suggesting program expansion to their community or site. While potential partners often have some resources to share (usually program space), they typically don’t have the full complement of resources necessary to independently sustain program expansion.
Work to be Performed
- Interview staff and collect information on program and overhead costs of expansions
- Document full set of considerations for program expansion
- Develop a spreadsheet model that maps program needs and available resources to outputs of full costs and missing resources
- Test model on most recently completed and proposed expansions
- Train staff on the use of tool and reporting results
Skills to be Successful
Please consider this opportunity if you have a background in:
- Small-business budgeting & expenses
- Spreadsheet model development
- Requirements-gathering and documentation