- This event has passed.
October 15, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
SVP has launched a series of intimate Jeffersonian Dinners to build stronger bonds between SVP Partners and stimulate thinking around philanthropy in a different way. The next dinner will be held on Thursday, Oct. 15 at Cuoco in Seattle, and the dinner topic will focus on The Future of the Environment in Seattle and Washington State.
Here are some questions you might consider as you reflect on this topic:
- What do you view as the biggest challenge facing the environment and environmental causes in Seattle/WA? Now, in 5 years, in 10 years? What are your thoughts on how we address those?
- What non-profits in Seattle/WA focused on environment are you most excited about? Why?
- What specific learning resources (e.g. a book, TED talk, and magazine article) has influenced your thinking on the future of environment? How?
- Are there examples of other communities in the US/world that approach environment in a way that you think we can learn from as a city/state? What are the lessons?
- What role do you see new technology playing in environment in Seattle in the next 1-10 years?
- What role do you see new legislation playing in environment in Seattle in the next 1-10 years?
We’ll have a range of Partners attending, from U35 to 60+ and everywhere in between as far as level of engagement and experience with philanthropy.
As you may know, Jeffersonian Dinners are small group discussions of 8-12 people held over a delicious meal. They are generally focused on a specific topic and lightly moderated to be inclusive of all the attendees and their ideas.
Drinks and informal chatting will begin at 6:30pm with the dinner and discussion beginning around 7:00pm. We will aim to wrap up the dinner around 9:30pm. The dinner will be moderated by Eric Mattson and Carla Fowler, two SVP Partners.
Please note that this event is open to SVP Partners only.