It’s not just a new place to work (dates and details below). It’s a new energy and center for connectivity and positive change in our community! SVP is moving down 2nd Ave to co-locate with The HUB Seattle and the Bainbridge Graduate Institute in the historic Masin’s furniture building in Pioneer Square.
Between the three entities, we work for impact, innovation, and sustainability and the combination will be a powerful opportunity, not just for SVP and our two new neighbors, but for nonprofits and social entrepreneurs across the region. We hope it becomes a vital place for people to convene who want to unleash their potential, together, for positive change.
As you can imagine, it is not easy leaving 1601 2nd Ave – it’s been our home for 15 years. It’s been SO good to us. Thank you to Paul Brainerd, SVP’s founder and visionary, who gave us our first home. And to Ann Krumboltz and the whole staff of the Brainerd Foundation for being the best floor-mates anyone could ever ask for.
This was not an easy decision and not taken lightly for a moment. There is a risk, but a far greater opportunity to take our potential and impact to a whole new level. We believe this Center for Impact and Innovation will provide a new vitality, greater opportunities for collaboration, and help propel SVP Seattle into the future in an exhilarating way.
- September 27, 2012: Our last day at 1601 2nd Ave.
- September 28-October 24, 2012: SVP staff will work remotely as our new office is being completed.
- October 19, 2012: SVP’s server and Intranet will be offline and staff will not have access to email for about 24 hours starting at 8 AM on September 28. Thanks in advance for your patience and flexibility!
- October 24: SVP staff moves into our new office!
- October 26: Grand Opening! Stop by and check out our new digs.
Our New Address
220 2nd Avenue South, 3rd Floor
Seattle, WA 98104
For those who are driving, street parking is available all around Pioneer Square with a 2-hour maximum. Street parking is free after 6pm unless otherwise noted. There are also a number of parking lots nearby:
- North lot of Century Link field – a 3 minute walk away
- Occidental Square – across the street
- Butler and Sinking Ship – 2 blocks north at 114 James Street
- Merrill Place – at 411 1st Avenue
- Central Park – at 721 1st Avenue
If you’d like to compare rates you can use Seattle Best Parking and simply enter our new address.