Today, local social businesses and nonprofits have the opportunity to take their organizations to the next level.
After a successful year in 2011, Social Innovation Fast Pitch is back again – this time, with even more capacity building, mentorship, pitch clinics, and opportunities to connect for local social innovators. There are plenty of ways to get involved, both as an applicant and non-applicant; check out the options below to make your pick!
How can you get involved?
1. Mentoring: Fast Pitch mentors will work with applicants on the substance and presentation of their business plan or initiative, focusing specifically on the
2. Sharing your skills as a Volunteer Expert: Volunteer Experts are people who have expertise they want to apply to help social innovators in targeted areas.
3. Helping innovators present as a Pitch Coach: A pitch coach is someone who has extensive experience in pitching new concepts to a decent sized audience, or in coaching others to do the same, and who will focus more on the style, form, and clarity of presentation and less on depth of its content.
4. Reading applications as a Application Screener: The screening team will read the applications and one-pagers, and score them on Angelsoft based on a common rubric.
5. Giving innovators feedback as a Quarterfinalist and Semi-Finalist Judges: These judges will watch all quarterfinalist and semi-finalist (either/or) pitches, give contestants feedback in verbal and written form, and provide input to the Fast Pitch team who will make the final decisions of who moves on to the next round.
6. Share this opportunity with someone you know!
SVP’s Social Innovation Fast Pitch offers nonprofit and for-profit innovators a structured program to develop and sharpen plans and presentations of their work through workshops, coaching, and mentoring. The program culminates in a series of competitive rounds – Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Finals – that provide recognition, connections, grants, and investments for the winners.