Cookie Cart provides teens 15-18 years old with lasting and meaningful work, life and leadership skills through hands-on experience and training in an urban nonprofit bakery.
Bakery: Teens develop employment skills by working in the bakery after school, on weekends and over the summer.
Classroom Workshops: The focus of classroom workshops is on building foundational work and life skills, while vital connections with community and caring adults happen at sales and community events, workplace visits, and with volunteers in the bakery and classroom.
At Cookie Cart, teens build the skills and assets to become economically successful adults. Our program outcomes show teens strengthen resources, skills or knowledge in five key outcome areas:
- 89% achieved employment readiness skills
- 69% gained interpersonal skills
- 78% developed future goal orientation
- 89% improved critical thinking skills
- 85% felt connected to new communities
Capacity Building Priorities:
- Marketing and Sales Strategies
- Financial Modeling
- Volunteer and Staffing roles
SVP Lead Partner