- This event has passed.
Workshop: Impact Strategy in Uncertain Times
October 13, 8:30 am-11:00 am
Join us for a hands-on workshop on creating an effective theory of change for your nonprofit!
When resources are tight, how do you decide which initiative to cut and which to double down on? When everything is changing, how do you adapt your program to maintain impact?
A clear theory of change is both a first step and core component of effective impact strategy. It’s a differentiator between mediocre/ failing nonprofits and successful organizations even in normal times, but it’s considerably more important in times of uncertainty. This is because a theory of change allows you to adapt your program to new conditions, prove your impact, make tough decisions about budget allocations, and communicate your vision and value clearly to funders and partners.
Why create an excellent theory of change? Because it…
- Facilitates informed, effective, strategic decision-making.
- Supports fundraising.
- Focuses program activities for optimal impact.
- Is essential for understanding and/or improving impact.
- Increases alignment across organizational functions.
- Enables effective training and professional development.
- Helps align business and impact models.
- Is an asset for executive recruitment.
- Clarifies the connection between vision, mission, values and programs.
- Creates the possibility of scaling impact without scaling organizational operations through thought leadership.
Join us to learn more about:
- what a theory of change is,
- how it can be transformative for your impact and revenue generation, and
- how to facilitate an effective process to create or strengthen one for your organization.
Organizations are encouraged to attend as teams to best leverage facilitated work time.
SVP is excited to partner with Erin Lynn Raab, Ph.D. to offer this remote workshop free of charge to our portfolio organizations. Dr. Raab is the Co-Founder of REENVISIONED, through which she consults with leaders of non-profits and schools to create strong, resilient teams, develop powerful impact strategy, design empowering programs, and establish meaningful evaluation systems. She’s recently moved back home to the Twin Cities after 20+ years working with non-profits around the world. You can find her asking and discussing beautiful questions on Medium and Twitter, or send her a welcome email at email@example.com.
Zoom details will be sent before the workshop.