L-R: Tony Morgan (SVPM), Pauline Neil (Macedon Ranges Shire Council), Cr Janet Pearce (Mayor, Macedon Ranges Shire Council), Rebecca Morecroft (Youth Live4Life), Paula Giles (SVPM), Bernard Galbally (CEO, Youth Live4Life), Mark Jankelson (Chair, SVPM)
Youth Live4Life is based in the Macedon Ranges shire. It runs a proven community based model for suicide prevention, developed from the ground up, that is in demand as the blueprint for all rural communities in Victoria, if not Australia. Youth Live4Life empowers rural Victorian communities to support, improve and invest in young people’s mental health and wellbeing through the implementation of the Live4Life model.
Youth Live4Life’s vision is that all rural Victorian communities have the capacity to support, improve and invest in their young people’s mental health and wellbeing. Its purpose is to:
- reduce youth suicide in rural communities
- reduce barriers to seeking help for emerging or current mental health issues in young people
- decrease stigma
- increase awareness of local professional help
- increase the mental health knowledge of all year 8 and year 11 students, teachers, parents and community members, and
- build community resilience to address common mental health problems
SVPM’s partnership with Youth Live4Life was kicked off at a fantastic event at Macedon.