All We See is Potential.
It starts with one person. One person joins many people. Together they will help build communities able to solve our most entrenched problems.
That’s Social Venture Partners. A global network of local partners aligning passion and purpose.
Helping individuals realize greater impact with their giving, strengthening nonprofits, and investing in collaborative solutions – we make connections that make a difference. Connections that unleash potential.
SVP Dallas on Racial & Social Justice
At SVP, we recognize that our global systems, including philanthropy, are too often exacerbating instead of solving issues of racial and economic injustice.
Several years ago, our SVP Dallas Board of Governors decided to work together to clearly express our values and our beliefs and to redirect our collective focus. The board concluded that the underlying cause of most of our society’s ailments is, in fact, racism. More specifically, it is systemic racism. The board redirected our mission to offer targeted support to those organizations that have specific missions to eradicate the ill effects of systemic injustice. Our theory of change is focused on building the capacity of these organizations that do this painstaking work every day, so they can do more, reach more, make more impact.
Racial and social justice is not just this week’s issue, it is an issue that has caused centuries of oppression, gaping disparities, and inhumane inequity.
Take time to educate yourself on the groups we work with below that specifically focus on racial, social, and economic equity. Please join us, our partners, and the organizations we work with to magnify our collective efforts and build a more just community, right here, right now.
- Faith in Texas– a nonpartisan, multi-racial, multi-faith grassroots movement of people united in values working together to achieve economic, racial, and social justice for all people.
- Bachman Lake Together– unites the community to give Bachman Lake children a strong foundation for the first five years so they can thrive in school and life.
- Foundation for C.H.O.I.C.E – By serving at-risk youth through a one-to-one mentoring program, Foundation for C.H.O.I.C.E creates opportunities for a college education through professionally supported relationships, inspiring the student to make positive choices for their future.
- Dollars for College – a children’s savings account (CSA) program that is designed to provide low-income families with a safe, easy to access, trusted, and low-cost opportunity to build savings for their child’s future post-secondary education
- Dallas Bethlehem Center – Empowers & resources the South Dallas community to improve lives through education & connected solutions
- NTARuPT – improves the quality of life for children, families, and communities by preventing unintended teen pregnancies.
- Lone Star Justice Alliance- a nonprofit legal organization that improves the lives of youth and emerging adults in the justice system.
- AIM – provides an alternative means of justice for nonviolent, youth offenders. Through a balanced curriculum of sanctions, incentives and rehabilitation, low-level youthful offenders receive the tools and resources needed to ACHIEVE success and be given the opportunity to become productive and contributing members of society, rather than repeat offenders, making Dallas County a smarter, safer community.
- Miles of Freedom – equips, empowers, and employes individuals returning home from prison and provides support and assistance for families and communities impacted by incarceration.
- Ignite TX – Addresses the paucity of women in elected office by building a pipeline of next-generation leaders who are poised to flex their political power.
- Education Opens Doors – All students deserve the opportunity to pursue their limitless potential. They have the right to understand the value of an education and how to access and attain all options available to them after high school.
- The Concilio – builds stronger communities by empowering parents to improve the education and health of their families.