University Settlement is a neighborhood center that provides social services to residents of the Broadway-Slavic Village neighborhood in southeast Cleveland. Headquartered at 4800 Broadway Avenue, the agency operates three facilities and hosts 10 major programs that serve children, families, and seniors. The mission of University Settlement is to offer the individuals and families we serve the resources by which they can learn, grow, and thrive.
Derrick Fulton (until 2017); Earl Pike (2018–Present)
SVP Lead Partners:
James Hailey (2016–2017); Doug Wang (2018–Present)
June 2016–June 2017 : Full Engagement; June 2017–June 2018: On Hold*; June 2018–Present: Time-Only
Total SVP Impact as of 12/31/2019
|Value of volunteer hours||$9,813|
|SVP grants awarded||$ 15,000|
|Other donations because of SVP||$ 10,000|
|Projected operational impact||TBD|
|SVP grant was leveraged 232%||$ 34,813+|
Strengthening University Settlement
- Board Development
- Human Resources
- Executive Coaching
- Succession Planning
Results and Accomplishments:
- Completed Organization Capacity Assessment Tool (OCAT).
- Led an activity with the board to create an ideal board member profile.
- Developed a skills matrix of current board members to determine where there are gaps.
- Reviewed board policies and recommended changes.
- Provided monthly one-on-one advising sessions to the executive director.
* Our engagement with University Settlement was put on hold on June 29, 2017, while it sought a new executive director. After the new executive director was selected and given time to settle in, SVP decided University Settlement’s engagement should continue as time-only and focus on executive coaching.