Progressive Arts Alliance inspires students to reach their full potential by providing unique and relevant learning experiences using contemporary arts and 21st century media.
Executive Director: Santina Protopapa
Lead Partners: Chann Fowler-Spellman (2010 – 2012) and Sonni Senkfor (2008-2010)
Years of Engagement: 2008 -2012
Total SVP Impact
|Value of volunteer hours from partners and friends||$ 24,200|
|SVP direct financial contributions (grants awarded)||$ 60,000|
|Indirect contributions because of introduction by SVP||$ 414,810|
|Projected operational impact from SVP-supported projects/initiatives||TBD|
|SVP grant was leveraged 1,665%||$999,010|
Strengthening Progressive Arts Alliance
- Fund Development and Financial management
- Board Governance
- Human Resources
Resultes and Accomplishments:
- Completed Organization Capacity Assessment Tool (OCAT).
- Developed committee descriptions and work plans, member job descriptions, and a tenure process.
- Board giving increased from less than 60% to 100%.
- Implemented new fee-for-service activities with Cuyahoga Public Library system.
- Developed a structure for monthly cash-flow projections.
Volunteer Partners of SVP:
Volunteer Team: Chann Fowler-Spellman (Lead), Sonni Senkfor (Lead), Jon Adams, Mary Bright, Dick Cahoon, Dominique Litmaath, Kevin Shaw
Advisory Team: Ariella Brown, Cindy Fisher, Nancy Hancock Griffith, James Hailey, Hermione Malone
Over the past year, the biggest impact our SVP grant has made on PAA has been the opportunity for our young organization to establish and formalize the development function of our activities through the hiring of Ginny Suhr as our Development Manager. By creating a Development Manager position, we have increased the number of donors, foundations, and corporations who support our activities... Read More »