SVP Engagement Overview
Open Doors Academy protects, inspires, nurtures, and challenges adolescents to reach their full potential by providing meaningful out-of-school enrichment programs in a safe and structured environment.
Executive Director: Annemarie Grassi
Lead Partner: Dominique Litmaath
Years of Engagement: 2012-2014
Total SVP Impact as of 12/31/2014
|Value of volunteer hours from partners and friends||$29,700|
|SVP direct financial contributions (grants awarded)||$45,000|
|Indirect contributions because of introduction by SVP||$ 5,350|
|Projected operational impact from SVP-supported projects/initiatives||
|SVP grant was leveraged 178%||$80,050+|
Annemarie is a dynamic leader whose vision is propelling rapid growth in the after-school enrichment programs of Open Doors Academy. It is an exciting time in ODA’s development for SVP to work with Annemarie and the very engaged board of directors to establish a strong operational foundation that will support ODA’s ability to scale up and dramatically expand its impact.
- Fundraising Strategy: diversity financial support; develop an integrated funding plan
- Human Resources: leadership development & succession planning; strengthen procedures & communication; increase engaged learning and training; enhance hiring, management, and retention systems
- Board Development: Increase board member engagement; support board with additional external expertise
- Community Engagement: Increase volunteer engagement
- Scaling: Scale model to serve 80 Ohio schools in next 10 years; investigate potential opportunity to scale beyond Ohio as a means to generate additional revenue
Results and Accomplishments:
- Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (OCAT) completed by ODA senior staff and several board members
- Completed comprehensive compensation review of ODA salaried staff and made recommendations to compensation sub-committee of board and presented to full board for approval and implementation.
- ODA was nominated by SVP and accepted as one of the network-wide investees to participate in the 2013 SVP conference workshop on Scaling Impact
- Facilitated brainstorming session with ODA staff and board members to discuss scaling opportunities and need for financial sustainability and impact of growth on fundraising needs and on organizational infrastructure.
- Met with Development Director to identify priorities and brainstorm ways to increase and diversify financial support and facilitated development team session to clarify roles, responsibilities and discuss optimal ways to work as a team to reach objectives.
- Facilitated a brainstorming session with the board governance committee to discuss best practices for non-profit board policies and procedures
Volunteer Partners of SVP
Volunteer Team: Dominique Litmaath (Lead), Jackie Adams, Mary Bright, Jill Bernaciak, Dick Cahoon, Roslyn Chao, Marcia Levine, Kevin Shaw, Linda Springer, Meghan Wolfe
Advisory Team: Jackie Adams, Bishara Addison, Jill Bernaciak, Mary Bright, Mebby Brown, Dick Cahoon, Kay Carlson, Roslyn Chao, Pam Conover, Anita Cook, Tom Cook, Eva D’Intino, Shilpa Kedar, Cil Knutsen, Mike Lepore, Michael Obi, Ryan Ouellette, Joan Soskin, Heather Vallier, Meghan Wolfe, Christi Woods