Family Connections provides quality early childhood education serving children of all abilities and backgrounds to encourage and support families raising young children.
Executive Director: Joanne Federman
Lead Partner: Rob Martens
Years of Engagement: 2008 – 2011
Total SVP Impact
|Value of volunteer hours from partners and friends||$ 25,000|
|SVP direct financial contributions (grants awarded)||$ 55,000|
|Indirect contributions because of introduction by SVP||$ 1,000|
|Projected operational impact from SVP-supported projects/initiatives||
|SVP grant was leveraged 147%||$81,000|
Strengthening Family Connections:
- Family Connections used SVP’s grant for marketing materials and general operations.
- Projects: Marketing, Performance and Outcomes Measurement, Technology
Volunteer Partners/Friends of SVP and their Key Contributions
- Rob Martens evaluated technology needs and assisted with designing specifications and selecting vendors
- Réka Barabas assisted with website improvements by proofreading and testing links.
- Diane Bergeron offered consultation on outcomes evaluation
We began our venture by requesting assistance in the two main areas of Information Technology and Marketing. With an awareness that we cannot address both concurrently, we determined that our first priority would be to clarify people’s perceptions of our organization. There was considerable confusion about our identity, which resulted in significant barriers to program participation and funding. With initial funding from the O’Neill Foundation and subsequent support from SVP, we contracted with a marketing firm to uncover these perceptions and recommend a new brand identity that would clarify our purpose... Read More »