Kids’ Book Bank developed a unique partnership with online bookseller Discover Books to bring hundreds of thousands of free children’s books to Cleveland – books that would have been sent to recycling. Kids’ Book Bank has distributed 1,000,000+ amazing children’s books through more than 350 partner organizations – and of course, Little Free Libraries.
Executive Director: Judy Payne
SVP Lead Partner & Project Managers: Diane Farr (June 2017–September 2017); Marcia Levine (September 2017–February 2018); Tara Schmitt (June 2018–Present)
Short-Term, Time-Only Engagement: June 2017–February 2018
Full Engagement Began: June 2018
Total SVP Impact as of 12/31/2019
|Value of volunteer hours||$ 42,875|
|SVP grants awarded||$ 30,000|
|Other donations because of SVP||$ 7,100|
|Projected operational impact||TBD|
|SVP grant was leveraged 267%||$ 79,975+|
Strengthening Kids’ Book Bank
- Board Development
- Executive Coaching
- Real-Time Strategic Planning
Results and Accomplishments:
- Executive coaching was provided by project manager Marcia Levine, particularly around evolving HR issues.
- Helped board ensure concurrence around their mission and redefine priorities.
- Introduced the concept of real-time strategic planning to approach both everday and long-term decision-making.
- Offered insights as to how to refine fundraising efforts and establish a culture of gratitude.
- Brainstormed opportunities for diversification of book collection methods.
- Strategized Annual Fund solicitation and roll-out.
- Leveraged “Eat, Drink, & Be Literary” event.
- Brainstormed volunteer space at sort center to offer place for volunteers to feel welcomed and increase engagement.
- Trained board members in soliciting funds and supporting fundraising efforts more broadly.
- Brainstormed program design and development.