Centering People & Possibility
SVP’s FastPitch program supports nonprofit leaders as they craft their stories and share them with the community. The program provides coaching, connections, exposure, and donations. Participants:
- Receive coaching on sharing their message (20 – 25 hours of hands-on support)
- Build their confidence! (Almost every former participant specifically identified this as a top outcome and said it has continued to permeate every facet of their work.)
- Develop executive-level communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Form collaborative relationships with their fellow pitchers and SVP Partners
- receive a video of their pitch for their website and other platforms
- have their pitch featured at a showcase event for the community that encourages donations
FastPitch Coaching is the art of storytelling to communicate the “why” of one’s mission, motivation, and impact in a succinct and personal voice. FastPitch Coaching is a twofold process over 3 months.
- Part one includes individual, one-on-one coaching between participant and coach to determine, practice, and hone one’s story.
- Part two is a group process where all participants, individual coaches, and several experienced coaches provide fresh ears and feedback in a group setting to further hone and finalize one’s story.
The program culminates in a FastPitch Showcase to share the pitches with the community. We invite community members to listen to nonprofit stories, spread the word, and give to ones that spark their passion.
Participants receive a total of 20-25 coaching hours throughout the program. 2022 FastPitch Coaching will occur in the Fall — more details will be announced by late summer.
Eligibility/How to Apply
This opportunity is open to nonprofits in Northeast Ohio working on any issue area. Applicants must submit their designation from the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization or proof of fiscal sponsorship. The individual receiving the coaching on behalf of their organization must hold the title of Executive Director, CEO, founder, or equivalent, and have at least six months of tenure with the organization. Organizations featured in a previous SVP FastPitch or bigBANG! event will not be considered.
More details about how to apply for 2022 will be available by late summer.