Criteria for nonprofits applying for a Small + Start-up Nonprofit Engagements with SVP:
- Your annual revenue is less than $300,000.
- You have zero to three full-time staff.
If you do not qualify for this opportunity, please click here to see other opportunities available for nonprofits to collaborate with SVP.
All nonprofits applying to work with SVP must meet the following criteria:
- Your organization is designated as a 501(c)3 organization with the IRS or has a fiscal sponsor.
- Your organization does not require participation in religious activities.
- Your organization has a non-discrimination policy.
- Your organization primarily serves Cleveland and/or Cuyahoga County.
We have had a lot of interest in this program and new applications for our Small + Start-up Nonprofit Engagements are currently on hold.
Steps to Apply (Applications currently on hold)
1. Complete a quick questionnaire about:
- your organization’s mission.
- one key capacity-building challenge about which you would like to collaboratively problem solve with SVP.
SVP is eager to work with small and start-up nonprofits on overcoming obstacles to organizational or programmatic growth. (Examples of challenges on which we have collaborated in the past include: Financial Management; Fund Development; Information Technology; Marketing and Communications; Program Outcomes and Evaluation; Human Resources; Mission, Vision, Strategy and Planning; Legal Affairs; Leadership Development; Board Leadership.)
2. Have a call with SVP staff to discuss your organization’s specific goals and how we could work together to achieve them.