SVP Chicago has launched its 2019-2020 investment cycle. We are accepting Letters of Interest (LOI) from nonprofits whose primary focus is breaking the cycle of poverty or its negative effects in the Chicagoland area.
SVP is an engaged philanthropy organization that strives to identify and support the most promising nonprofits that bring innovative approaches to their work and can make a meaningful impact on the men, women and children facing society’s toughest challenges. We support those nonprofits through multi-year, unrestricted financial commitments and capacity building to strengthen their organizations and set the stage for enhancing their social impact.
We are especially interested in organizations with strong leadership and that are at an inflection point in their organizational lifecycle.
Our aim is to partner with the selected organization to actively work to increase the capacity and scale of the organization, thereby measurably increasing the impact of their programs and services.
Chicago area nonprofits that meet all of the following criteria and that welcome involvement from value-added funders are encouraged to submit an LOI via this link.
- Your organization’s primary focus is to break the cycle of poverty or its negative effects in Chicagoland, which must include Cook County as part of its core service area.
- Your programs are scalable and replicable.
- Your organization is at a critical juncture in terms of growth, opportunities in new markets, leadership changes, and/or other new challenges.
- Your programs have a track record of demonstrable success and creating lasting impact.
- Your budget is greater than $250,000 but less than $3,500,000.
- Your organization has an experienced leader and at least two additional full-time equivalent members as part of the leadership team.
- Your staff and board desire growth and hands-on assistance in building your organizational capacity in areas such as strategic planning, board development/governance, fund development, revenue models, organization development/design, business operations (including accounting/finance) marketing and technology.
Community-based and grass roots organizations are encouraged to apply. Please note that schools, foundations, solely religious organizations and governmental entities are not appropriate for partnership with us and will not be considered for our investment.
We intend to make a three-year commitment to our investee organization, with an investment of $25,000 per year, renewable annually for three years. The more significant value that we provide our investees is the human capital and the capacity-building investment of our partners. More information about us can be found at www.svpchicago.org.
Please note that the completed Letters of Interest are due to SVP by 5 pm CST on September 5, 2019, and there is a mandatory briefing call with the co-chairs of our Investment Committee on either August 6, 2019, from 12-1 pm or August 20, 2019, from 3-4 pm.
Interested organizations should contact Linda at email@example.com with the preferred day and the number that will be used to call in for the mandatory call, and she will provide confirmation and call-in details.
September 5, 2019, 5 pm CST: LOIs due
October 7, 2019: ED interviews
October 29, 2019; 5pm CST: RFPs due
November 25 – December 13, 2019: Complete Capacity Assessment Survey
January 20 – February 7, 2020: Site visits
Mid-February 2020: Final selection