SVP Chicago is pleased to announce five new nonprofit community partners who will each receive a $10,000 unrestricted grant and pro bono capacity building support for the first year of our partnership:
- Imagine Englewood If: Imagine Englewood If (IEi) is a youth development nonprofit organization with a mission to strengthen and empower the Greater Englewood Community. Since 1997, IEi has implemented this mission by teaching local youth and their families healthy living, environmental awareness, and positive communication skills.
- Ladies of Virtue: Ladies of Virtue empowers girls, ages 9 to 18, living in underserved communities, to become confident and purpose-driven leaders by matching girls with mentors and preparing them for leadership through character development, career readiness, and civic engagement.
- Resident Association of Greater Englewood (RAGE): The Resident Association of Greater Englewood is a grassroots organization that strategizes to address community problems, creates tangible solutions and actively seeks ways to keep fellow residents informed about the latest news in Englewood, Chicago.
- Revolution Workshop: Revolution Workshop is a nonprofit social enterprise that builds skills, hope, and resilience in Chicago’s most underserved communities through job training and job creation.
- Westside Justice Center: Westside Justice Center is a holistic legal aid clinic dedicated to eradicating barriers to justice, mitigating the consequences of criminalized communities and uplifting authentic community leadership.
These organizations were recommended to SVP Chicago by community leaders in Englewood, Garfield Park and North Lawndale and we look forward to supporting their critical work and learning from them.
SVP’s other Community Partners include:
Embarc – Alum
Project SYNCERE – Alum
One Million Degrees – Alum