Up to 11 nonprofit leaders will be selected to participate in the Fast Pitch program. Applicant organizations must meet the following requirements:
- Nonprofit organization – Applicants must have their designation from the IRS as a 501c3 organization or fiscal sponsorship.
- Location – Nonprofits must be located in and serve the greater Chicagoland area.
- Presenter – Individuals presenting on behalf of their organization must hold the title of executive director, CEO, president, founder or senior development officer (or a comparable role).
- Size – Applicants must have at least one program up and running, at least one FTE staff person and a budget that is $3M or less.
- Focus – Nonprofits that focus on helping to lift people out of poverty, including direct service, organizing/advocacy and collective impact organizations may apply.
- IF AN ALUMNI OF THE FAST PITCH PROGRAM –
- Organizations that have applied for Fast Pitch but were not selected to participate in the showcase may reapply.
- Nonprofit leaders that have pitched in a SVP Fast Pitch final showcase may reapply if they currently work for a different organization.
- Preference will be given to participants and organizations that have not participated in the past.
Prior applicants for SVP’s investment cycles may apply, including current and alum community partners/investees.
Applications are reviewed based on:
- Approach: The organization’s approach to solving the problem is novel and unique and shows traction in addressing the identified need.
- Potential: The organization’s potential for impact is great.
- Interest: The presenter’s rationale for participating in Fast Pitch is aligned with SVP program intent.
- Connection: The applicant has a strong connection to the issue and/or community served by their organization.
Apply to Participate – If you would like to submit an application, please download this fillable PDF directly onto your computer. After saving your answers, please email your completed application to Shelby Roller at firstname.lastname@example.org.