You want to put a dent in the world, but you know you’ll only get so far on that journey alone. That’s what SVP is for.
It starts with you. We can’t define the change you’re searching for, but we will help you achieve it. We’ll connect you to the people and organizations that share your passion, and together we will amplify your impact.
How It Works
Partner roles are very flexible. Some Partners simply use SVP as a way to make a highly leveraged gift, others take advantage of our education sessions and peer learning opportunities, and some roll up their sleeves and dig into volunteer projects. Learn about these opportunities and more >>
SVP Partners make a minimum, tax-deductible contribution annually over three years. Their donations are pooled to fund the local nonprofits SVP supports as well as our programming and operations. These contributions are stretched further by those who volunteer their time and skills to strengthen our Investees, SVP, and the social sector at large.
- Individual Partner- Minimum annual contribution of $5,000 for one individual partner
- Corporate Partner- Annual contribution of $10,000- 2 partner seats and customized programming and educational opportunities.
- Investor Partner-Annual contribution of $10,000 -investor partner may be appoint an additional representative to serve as a partner.
At SVP we recognize that a strong network depends on diverse perspectives, and contribution of $5,000 may be a limiting factor. That is why we offer other ways for people to join:
- Associate Partner: membership for those under 40, with an annual contribution of $2,500.
- Shared Partnership: two individuals can “share” a membership, with each person contributing $2,500 annually.
- Sponsored Partner: in special circumstances, current Partners, corporations or other entities may elect to provide the $5,000 annual contribution for other individuals to become Partners.
Question: “How much time does a partner have to give to be a part of Social Venture Partners?”
Answer: It is up to you. Many of our partners do not give time, just support, because they value that they have a vote on where their money goes. Others are able to spend an hour or two with a non-profit leader to give advice, or coach. It is the impact of support plus advice that multiplies our results that sets apart SVP Charleston.
Truth is – a little time goes a long way for these very passionate, and often overworked nonprofit leaders. They are extraordinary at delivering their programs and service. Yet expertise in a specific area such as marketing, customer relations, legal, HR or accounting goes a long way if shared in just one coaching session with a nonprofit staff team. Like you, they don’t have a lot of time to spare either, but when they can have an hour or more to discuss how to do their work better, to find out about new tools, suddenly your advice brings them a spark of energy, ideas and new hope.
SVP Charleston meets people where they are and in doing so we offer a myriad of ways to be engaged in helping to transform a LowCountry nonprofit that suit the time you have to give. Come meet some of our partners and nonprofit investees and find out more.
If you are interested in becoming an SVP Partner, please contact LaraSVPCharleston@CoastalCommunityFoundation.org.
If you’d like to meet some of our current Partners, hear about their experience, and learn more about SVP’s impact, we welcome you to attend a meeting, share a cup of coffee, or attend one of our educational opportunities.