In an effort to move SVP toward greater racial justice in our work, SVP International is teaming up with Race Forward and SVP Tucson this fall, bringing the network a two-day, deep-dive training, “Tucson Learning Lab: Racial Equity and Decolonizing SVP.”
If you’re ready to critically examine what SVP does and how we do it, applying a racial equity lens leading to recommendations for change in ourselves, our affiliates, and our SVP model, this Learning Lab is for you!Learning Lab
Every year, our international community converges to renew its commitment to the challenge of smarter philanthropy. We share the best of our affiliates’ work across the globe; examine our sector’s most pressing concerns and emerging practices; deepen the understanding of our individual and collective roles as change agents; and expand through the connections that define our network.
The 2019 Global Summit in Vancouver, British Columbia will examine the meaning of servant leadership and centering impacted and historically marginalized communities.SVP Global Summit
SVP International and SVP Los Angeles are teaming up to host a trip to Montgomery, AL to visit the National Memorial for Peace & Justice and the Legacy Museum. Established in 2018 by the Equal Justice Initiative, the memorial and museum are dedicated to the legacy of enslavement, terror, violence, and humiliation of Black people in the United States. The exhibits take the visitor through U.S. history of slavery and lynching to present-day mass incarceration and police violence.
This trip is open to anyone who wants to understand U.S. history and present-day inequities and terror. Taking place from July 17-19, attendees will visit the museum and memorial, participate in small-group dialogue and affinity group conversations, and be a part of a small-group dialogue with staff from the Equal Justice Initiative.
Registration fee includes:
- Tickets to the Museum and Memorial
- Breakfast July 17, 18, and 19th
- Lunch on July 17 and 18th (we will conclude before lunch on the 19th)
- Participation in facilitated learning and reflection over the course of the three-day trip
- Small-group presentation from the Equal Justice Initiative on July 19th
Registration fee does not include:
- Hotel (we have a limited number of group rate discounted rooms at nearby hotel)
- Dinner (participants will be encouraged to use no-host small group reservations made by SVP)
- Travel to/from Montgomery, AL from nearby airports
- Ground transportation within Montgomery (Museum, Memorial, Hotel, and Group sessions are all within a 1 mile range)
Hotel reservation information:
- We have a limited number of group rate discounted rooms at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Downtown Montgomery.
- Reservations can be made by phone (say you’re with Social Venture Partners International and ask for Monica) at 334-245-2320 ext. 3 OR by clicking here.
- Use the discount code: SVP
- Online, view the group rates by clicking on “Add Special Rate Codes” link prior to clicking on “Check Rooms & Rates.”
- Make your hotel reservations by Monday, June 17th, 2019 to receive the discounted rate.
*** The Learning Tour officially ends at 11am on Friday, July 19th.
Join us to see how SVP Tucson has introduced coaching the key staff of our Community Partners — to amplify our collaborative efforts to accelerate their impact in the community — at the same time engaging our partners in meaningful skills and adding fulfillment to their role as a partner.Webinars