Marketing & Events Coordinator
30 hours per week, 8 week contract (funded through Canada Summer Jobs)
Social Venture Partners Waterloo Region brings together a community of community members who want to do more than provide financial support to charitable causes. We strengthen the capacity of charities by investing time, money, and talent to help organizations scale their impact and become both sustainable and more effective. By investing collectively in a charity over multiple years, we support these charities’ growth. By matching our partners (investors) with projects to share their professional skills and expertise, we enhance the charities’ capacity and the partners’ connection to our community.
This role will provide marketing and event planning support to Social Venture Partners Waterloo Region’s (SVPWR) special events and ongoing programming. This opportunity is funded in cooperation with the 2019 Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Per the Canada Summer Jobs Articles of Agreement, the successful applicant must be: between 15 and 30 years of age; a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred; and someone who may legally work according to the relevant Ontario legislation & regulations. Please note that international students are not eligible to apply.
– Craft print and online promotional materials.
– Photography and videography projects for event promotion and community awareness.
– Event logistics and administrative support.
– Create and shoot a short promotional video; experience with video cameras and Final Cut Pro/other video editing software is preferred. Access to your own camera is an asset.
– Assist with facilitating regular event committee meetings.
– In cooperation with the Communications & Operations Manager, refine and implement an editorial calendar for Perfect Pitch and general SVPWR programming.
– Craft and, in cooperation with vendors as needed, create marketing materials for the SVP Teens program, including pop-up signage.
– Dependent on candidate interests and skill set, assist in refining our brand voice and developing social media templates (graphic design and/or written copy) for future use.
– Track emerging social media trends to identify opportunities to promote SVPWR.
– Organize and participate in committee meetings and planning sessions for special projects.
– Assist with Salesforce database management.
– Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking a candidate who is either currently enrolled or recently graduated from a Marketing, Digital Media, Communications, Business, or Graphic Design post-secondary program. Equivalent experience or education will also be considered.
– Excellent written & verbal communications skills, including web/social writing.
– Very strong graphic design skills.
– Outstanding video creation & editing proficiency. Animation skills an asset.
– Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Salesforce software.
– Event and/or portrait photography experience an asset.
– The candidate will be expected to work effectively with internal stakeholders and external clients/suppliers at planning meetings, events, and during programs.
– High attention to detail; self-motivated.
– Able to organize, multi-task, problem-solve, and remain flexible in a fast-paced environment with multiple ongoing priorities.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will report to the Operations & Communications Manager.
Hours of Work and Salary:
This position is an 8-week contract at 30 hours per week, starting mid-June. Hours of work are generally 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, with occasional evening hours. The hourly wage for this position is $15.00/hour.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume in one PDF document to info(at)svpwr(dot)org, citing “Marketing & Events Coordinator” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until May 17, 2019.