You want to put a dent in the world, but you know you’ll only get so far on that journey alone. That’s what SVP is for.
It starts with you. We can’t define the change you’re searching for, but we will help you achieve it. We’ll connect you to the people and organizations that share your passion, and together we will amplify your impact.
How It Works
SVP partners make a personally meaningful contribution of at least $5,000 annually, tax deductible ($2,500 for those under 35 years of age). Their donations are pooled to fund the local nonprofits SVP supports as well as for SVP programs and the growth of our network. These contributions are stretched further by those who volunteer their time and skills to strengthen our investees and SVP.
Partner roles are very flexible. Some partners simply use SVP as a way to make a highly leveraged gift, others take advantage of our education sessions and peer learning opportunities, and some roll up their sleeves and dig into volunteer projects. Learn about these opportunities and more.
Diversifying the Partnership
At SVP we recognize that a strong network depends on diverse perspectives, and a contribution of $5,000 can limit that diversity. That is why we offer other ways for people to join:
- Individuals under 35 are invited to join SVP with a reduced contribution of at least $2,500. Learn more
- You can become a partner as two individuals where there is a family or significant personal relationship (i.e. spouses/partners, siblings, parent/child).
- Some partners choose to make their donation in semi-annual payments.
- You can approach your employer to discuss opportunities for companies to sponsor partners or match your personal contribution. Contact us for more information for your employer.
- We can work with your employer to implement automatic payroll deductions.
If you are interested in becoming an SVP partner or if you’d like to meet some of our current partners, hear about their experiences, and learn more about SVP’s impact, please contact Rose Greensides or simply sign up online! You can also take a look at a brief overview of SVP, our 2014 impact report or view our Frequently Asked Questions below.