SVP Vancouver is looking for non-profits that want to benefit from our pioneering model of venture philanthropy
Our Investees are willing to hang out some dirty laundry and don’t shy away from the challenging journey ahead. Most of all, they’re ready to take their vital work to the next level.
What We Bring to the Table
- Three to five years of capacity building support and approximately $100,000 in total funding.
- Tools to assess your organizational capacity – aka the strength of all those behind the scenes systems: human resources, financial management, communications, board governance, etc.
- Skilled volunteers who will help build your organization’s capacity in the areas that are keeping you from reaching your full potential.
- A commitment to working in partnership. We get that there’s a power dynamic in funding relationships. We will do our best to mitigate that. We will invite your honest feedback, own up to our mistakes, and strive to find a path that works for everyone involved.
What We’ll Ask of You
- A willingness to take a hard look at what’s holding your organization back, and to share those weaknesses openly. Once the cards are on the table, we can get to work – together.
- Flexibility and openness to working with volunteers who have busy schedules and varied professional backgrounds.
- A commitment to calling us out when something’s not working for you. That may be uncomfortable, but our best results come from honest relationships.
- An annual work plan and progress report that outlines the capacity building areas you are focused on, how they relate to your mission, and what you have achieved at the end of each year.
We’re not going to lie. We ask a lot of our Investees. We’re committed to your success and want to help you reach long-term sustainability and impact.
Here’s How to Apply
Check Your Eligibility
Is your organization:
- A registered charity
- Located in Metro Vancouver
- An emerging non-profit that aspires to take their operations and impact to the next level
- Focused on children in-need and/or youth at-risk
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, we’d like to hear from you.
SVP Vancouver accepts applications from potential Investees on an ongoing and continuous basis, but by invitation only.
Eligible non-profits are invited to email email@example.com for information and to discuss their fit with SVP and its mission to strengthen the organizational capacity of innovative non-profits that support children in-need and youth at-risk.