The SVP Retreat – For Investees
September 12 @ 8:00 am - September 13 @ 5:00 pm
Back by popular demand, a two-day retreat on Bowen Island!
Centred around the theme “Navigating your way through complex systems,” this retreat aims to help you further understand and articulate your role and impact in complex systems by addressing these questions:
- What’s the problem?
- Why is it a problem?
- How is your organization solving or addressing the problem?
- How people can help?
In an immersive peer learning setting with other nonprofits, we will provide you with practical tools and inspiring takeaways to help you further understand, measure, and articulate your impact on the communities you serve … and we’ll have a little fun while we’re at it!
At the end of the retreat you will have the necessary building blocks to anchor your Theory of Change + Case for Support. No matter where you are in the process of exploring your social impact and your external communications, this retreat will meet your organization where it’s at.
Topics + Speakers
Facilitator: Jocelyn Macdougall
Keynote: Chris Corrigan | “Making sense in a complex world”
Chris is a process artist, a teacher, and a facilitator of social technologies, and we’re thrilled he’s kicking off our time together!
- Social Impact Coach Meagan Sutton will navigate us through mapping sessions on social ecosystems, Theory of Change work, and Social Impact and Evaluation.
- Fundraising Director Amanda Burrows will add drops of fundraising content focused on using our social impact theories and evidence as the foundation for simple and exciting calls to action.
Thursday, September 12
8:30am: Meet at Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal (eat breakfast! Lunch isn’t until 1pm)
9:05am: 20-minute ferry ride to Bowen and a 5-minute walk to Bowen Island Lodge
Lunch, dinner, and snacks provided. Cash bar in the evening.
Friday, September 13
4:15pm: Ferry back to Horseshoe Bay
Breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided
- This retreat is generously sponsored by SVP Vancouver. There is no charge unless you want adult beverages at our social.
- We require 72 hours cancellation notice or a charge of $200 will be issued. Thank you for your understanding.
- This is a 2-day commitment.
- Accommodation is provided and it is 2 people per room. We will be in touch shortly to seek your guidance on your roommate.
- We ask that you make your own way to and from the ferry terminal. We can provide transit recommendations or help find carpooling if this is an issue.
- SVP Partners are invited to participate on Day 2.
- This retreat is for staff only: the Executive Director and/or staff who help with your communications, fundraising, or programming — max 2 people per organization.
To book your spot at the Retreat, please email Amanda Burrows. Bookings must be received by July 31.