What's With the Colors?
SVP is bold and bright—and we look a little bit different in each community. We invite you to get engaged in a personal way as you explore this website by selecting your own colors!
SVP connects and invests in people and organizations to co-create thriving, sustainable and just communities.
We envision a Puget Sound region where everyone thrives regardless of income or race. And to get there, we do more than give away money.
SVP amplifies the impact of those out to do good in three distinct ways:
- Connect and engage individuals, helping them make the greatest impact with their time and philanthropic giving.
- Fund and strengthen nonprofits, helping them take their vital work for kids and the environment to the next level.
- Invest in collaborative solutions, so those with a common cause can align their efforts and go farther, together.
At SVP, we strive to live up to the following values and behaviors.
IMPACT | We pursue sustained and transformative change.
- Find ways to maximize our skills and passion for community impact
- Take risks, be resourceful and nimble in finding solutions
- Balance passionate convictions with evidence-based decisions
- Recognize the larger systems at play and embrace the complexity of change
CONNECT | We cultivate relationships and recognize we can accomplish more together.
- Make room for meaningful personal connections
- Have a sense of humor and be able to laugh at ourselves
- Recognize everyone has something valuable to contribute
- Give credit and celebrate accomplishments
- Assume positive intent
TRUSTED ALLY | We model humility, openness and mutual respect.
- Honor commitments and follow through
- Cultivate trust and mutual respect
- Be curious and humble, listen to learn and understand
- Invite constructive criticism and be open to change
- Speak up when something appears wrong
EQUITY | We center our efforts on those traditionally marginalized to balance power and access to resources.
- Be aware of privilege and seek to understand different life experiences
- Look around to see whose voice is not heard and engage them
- Recognize when others should lead and step back
- Acknowledge power imbalances and work to level them
- Surface and challenge institutional and systemic inequities
STRETCH | We embrace challenging conversations and risk taking and seek opportunities to learn.
- Never settle. Always strive to do better
- Embrace the opportunity for learning in every situation
- Facilitate uncomfortable conversations
- Own our mistakes and grow from them