League of Education Voters Foundation (LEVF) is a 501(c) 3 Charitable organization dedicated to engaging ordinary citizens, educators, policymakers, and the media in the effort to provide a quality education for all students in Washington State from preschool through college. SVP supported the League of Education Voters Foundation from 2009-2011.
Total Giving: $112,500
Relationship Highlight: “The general operating funds not only supported our general operations, they allowed us to leverage the support to garner additional funds from other foundations and individual donors. This multiplier effect allowed LEVF to increase our organizational capacity in ways we would not have been able to afford without SVP’s support. We were able to invest in additional staff, professional development initiatives, capacity building work with consultants, research and new technological tools that all had direct impact on our ability to deliver on our mission.” — 2010 Most Significant Change Report
Strengthening LEVF: Sample Capacity Building Projects
In partnership with SVP volunteers and paid consultants, League of Education Voters Foundation tackles projects like:
- Program Outcomes & Evaluation: SVP funded the process of developing clear metrics for measuring success and tools for evaluation.
- Human Resources: Partner Diane Moore provided guidance in implementation of new performance review process.
- Leadership Development: SVP covered the cost of staff training in cultural competency to better support and advance their mission.
- Leadership Development: SVP covered the costs of attending a peer learning group for fund development staff.
- Board Development: Partner Steve Trautman served as LEVF’s retreat facilitator.