What We’ll Ask of You
For your part, we will ask that you bring:
- A willingness to take a hard look at what’s holding your organization back, and to share those weaknesses openly. Once the cards are on the table, we can get to work – together.
- Flexibility and openness to working with volunteers who have busy schedules and varied professional backgrounds.
- A commitment to calling us out when something’s not working for you. That may be uncomfortable, but our best results come from honest relationships.
- An annual work plan and progress report that outlines the capacity building areas you are focused on, how they relate to your mission, and what you have achieved at the end of each year.
We’re not going to lie. We ask a lot of our Investees, and we’re not perfect. Some nonprofits we’ve worked with would say don’t do it. And there are just as many that say it’s worth every ounce of effort.
How to Apply
#1 Check Your Eligibility
Is your organization:
#2 Check the Deadline
Our 2019/2020 grant will focus on K-12 Education.
- K-12 Education Letter of Inquiry Deadline: November 15, 2019, at 5 PM
Nonprofits are invited to submit letters of inquiry (LOI) and fact sheets during each grant cycle. To submit please click here and fill out the online form and upload your LOI. (Please note: to submit the online form you CAN NOT save and return to the form. You MUST fill out the whole form in one session). LOIs are evaluated by our grant committee based on the following guidelines and information.
#4 Submit a Full Proposal
SVP’s grant committee reviews the letters of inquiry, selects 3-5 organizations, and invites them to submit a full proposal. Proposals are evaluated using similar criteria as outlined for the LOI.
#5 Host a Site Visit
Members of SVP’s grant committee will visit your organization. This allows them to see your work in action, get to know your staff and board, and to ask questions they might have. It also gives you a chance to ask questions of SVP.
#6 Receive a Grant
Each SVP grant cycle will result in one new multi-year investee. Grants are distributed each summer.
If you have questions about applying for an SVP grant, please contact Hana Gregory.