General Eligibility Requirements
Organizations that are committed to creating lasting social change in the Greater Puget Sound are invited to apply. Racial equity is also an integral part of SVP Seattle’s mission. People of Color -led organizations and those serving historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Fee: There is no cost to apply or participate for any interested innovators
- Issue Area: No limit on issue area of focus
- Presenter: Presenter to have at least 6 months tenure with the organization (where applicable); ideally serves in leadership capacity within the organization
- Attendance: All presenters must attend in-person at required group sessions (only one representative allowed) and actively participate in 1:1 coaching sessions (team members may join 1:1 sessions). Finalists must attend the Final Showdown event on Saturday, November 10th.
- Alumni: Organizations that previously presented on-stage at SVP Fast Pitch are not eligible to apply
Please consider and prepare for a significant time commitment once accepted to the program. Check out our program calendar for mandatory dates and expecting timing during the program session. Required dates for in-person attendance: 8/20, 9/17,10/1, 10/15, 10/29 & 11/10.
Click here to download the 2018 Innovator flyer for program specifics and eligibility details.
Additional Eligibility Requirements: Nonprofits
- Nonprofit Designation: All nonprofit applicants must be classified as a 501(c)3 public charity. The organization must be registered as a 501c3 or provide fiscal sponsorship by September 15, 2018.
- Location (HQ & Service Region): Must be based in and serve the Puget Sound region. If representing a local chapter of a national organization, application must be focused on and benefit local-area operations.
- History & Budget: General guidelines for track selection process
- Established Nonprofit: Organization is 3+ years with a new endeavor/program less than 3 years old; annual operating budget of more than $250K.
- Startup Nonprofit: Organization is 0-3 years old; annual operating budget of less than $250K.
Additional Eligibility Requirements: For-Profits
- Structure: Organized as a for-profit entity. LLC, S-Corp, Corp, certification as a B corporation or legal designation as a Benefit Corporation; impact rating issued by a recognized third-party provider.
- Location (HQ & Service Region): Company has strong ties to the Pacific Northwest Region, defined as Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and British Columbia. Can serve and work globally. Priority given to companies based in and serving the Greater Puget Sound locally.
- History & Budget: Organization is 0-3 years old; Pre- series A; company is at least seed stage with a minimum viable product.
- Social Impact: A primary mission of the company is to provide products and/or services that have a positive social and/or environmental impact, as evidenced by explicit reference to positive social impact in its brand messaging (website; social media; vision, mission, values; offering documents).