Policy Brief & Discussion: Student Homelessness in Seattle and King County
June 13 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
In the 2017 Road Map Project Results Report, a striking statistic jumped out: “Student homelessness has more than doubled since the Road Map Project began in 2010. About 5,000 students are homeless in the Road Map region, with the biggest relative increases happening in South Seattle and Tukwila.” What is driving this trend? Who is included in these numbers? What interventions are local communities using to address this growing challenge?
Join us for a conversation with local experts and leaders around what is one of the most critical challenges facing our region – youth and student homelessness. Part policy brief, part data report, part conversation, this session will open your eyes to the growing homelessness crisis in our region.
Newly released analysis and data will be presented by local experts from Schoolhouse Washington, a project of Building Changes, that will help shed light on the current state of student homelessness in the region and the state. An engaging conversation will then commence with other local experts.
Presenters will include:
- Liza Burell, Program Director – Building Changes
- Annie Pennucci, Director of Measurement, Learning and Evaluation – Building Changes
- Casey Trupin, Program Officer, Youth Homelessness – Raikes Foundation
Space is limited and please be sure to Register!
Please also join us for the New Partner Essentials Series this June!
Learn more and register:
- New Partner Reception Dinner | May 31 from 6:30-9:30pm
- Nonprofit Financial Fitness | June 8 from 11:30-1:30pm
- A Look Inside Grantmaking with SVP | June 22 from 11:30-1:30pm