- This event has passed.
SVP Seattle Spring New Partner Onboarding Series
April 10 @ 4:00 pm - June 6 @ 9:00 pm
Welcome new SVP Partners! In the Spring New Partner Onboarding series we’ll give you the lay of the land for Social Venture Partners. This will be a laid-back and conversational gathering where SVP staff and Board members will unpack all that you need to get started on your journey as an SVP Partner. This three-part series is great for all Partners who have joined in the last year, and each session will be followed by a separate SVP event where you will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with other fellow SVP Partners!
Please note that this is a three-part series where we highly recommend attendance for all sessions.
Session 1: April 10th, 2019, 4-6 pm @ Impact HUB Seattle
The session will include:
- Welcome and meet SVP’s Staff
- Overview of the history of SVP, our mission, vision, values and our commitment to racial equity
- The nitty-gritty of what we do, why it matters, and how you fit in as a Partner
- Social time and community building among new Partners
Following the onboarding session for New Partners we’ll be hosting a showcase event featuring two of our multi-year investee organizations. We’ll be joined by the Executive Directors from Sound Discipline and Southwest Youth and Family Services This is a great opportunity to gain an understanding of the work of two of SVP’s investees, and to learn how their programs are making an impact in the lives of children and families. We’ll also get a look at the impact of SVP’s capacity building work and how we have worked in partnership to strengthen their internal infrastructure and systems; and enable amplified impact.
**Dinner will be provided at the Investee Showcase following the Onboarding Session
Session 2: May 7th, 2019, 4-6 pm @ El Centro de la Raza
In the second session of the New Partner Onboarding series we’ll take a deep dive into the ins and outs of our capacity building and organizational development work with nonprofits and community based organizations. SVP Staff, Board members, and Investee representatives will lead us in a discussion that will include:
- The centrality of building trust and strong relationships with investees
- How investees benefit from Partners sharing their expertise, resources, and professional skills
- Our processes, procedures, and adaptive approach to capacity building
- How focusing on the mundane can help organizations grow their impact
- Interactive activities that pull back the curtain on our grantmaking and investee selection process
Afterwards we’ll keep the conversation going and bounce down the street for a no-host happy hour at Perihelion Brewery.
Session 3: June 6th, 2019 3:30-5:30 pm @ Northwest African American Museum
Sidle up to hear other SVP Partners describe their respective learnings, successes, and failures associated with their personal giving and volunteerism. Social change work is complicated. One of our central values is to approach this work with humility and an eye towards continuous learning. In this session you’ll be joined by a SVP Partner, who will talk about their own learning, where they are now, and where they hope to continue to grow and explore ways to amplify their impact. This will be a great opportunity for new Partners that have joined within the last year!
We’ll touch on things like:
- Unpacking what we all need to understand about the historic implications of philanthropy
- Discovering your personal values and aligning your giving and practices with these
- Accounting for power differentials inherent in this work
- Focusing your philanthropic endeavors
Following the discussion, we’ll stay put at the NW African American Museum where you’ll have a chance to browse the galleries and exhibitions, grab a drink, and mingle with other Partners ahead of our Annual Spring Meeting!
Please register using the Eventbrite link below!